Maintenance Mechanic 1
Company: Latitude 36 Foods
Posted on: February 6, 2024
Shift: 2nd Shift
Schedule: 4:00 PM - 3:00 AM (Overtime and Weekends, as
To set up, adjust, and maintain production and quality by setting
up, maintaining and supporting the operation of machinery and
mechanical equipment. Oversee the disassembly and reassembly of
critical machine components in a safe and efficient manner. To also
perform facility maintenance as needed.
- Satisfactory completion of three-year formal training program
or three years of relevant work experience.
- Ability to use hand and trade tools.
- Proficient in electrical troubleshooting and schematics.
- Food and/or manufacturing experience is a plus.
- Ability to use hand tools and trades type tools.
- Proficiency in electrical troubleshooting and schematics.
- Bilingual is a plus.
- Perform critical systems operation duties, troubleshoot
equipment, and process problems with the ability to resolve quickly
and correctly. Expedite repair through hands-on and allocating the
department's physical and personnel resources.
- Take a lead role in supporting Operations to precisely set up,
adjust and troubleshoot key new production lines as part of a
successful launch of 2 new production lines.
- Execute the installation, preventive maintenance, emergency
repairs and modifications, pneumatic, electrical, electronic, and
mechanical systems related to facility systems. Assist and consult
other technicians on technical issues used in troubleshooting
- Ensure GMP guidelines, safety procedures, and SOP's are
followed at all times.
- Ensure all facility/mechanical areas adhering to all
- Train and instruct, per SOP's and related documents,
technicians in the maintenance and operation of equipment and all
other job functions within assigned areas under the guidance of
- Work with the maintenance management on a day-to-day basis
while being able to shift priorities at any given moment.
- Communicate with groups outside of maintenance, such as
production, and quality.
- Complete logbooks, PM's, and work orders and ensure all entries
are complete, accurate, and correct.
- Assist maintenance management with recommendations pertaining
to equipment upgrades, maintenance, enhancements, analysis of
operation parameters of equipment and processes, and other
requirements to support manufacturing operations.
- Support execution of projects within facility areas and ensure
that all systems maintain their validated state.
- Support the implementation of change controls and support the
investigations related to the equipment and systems. including root
cause analysis investigations.
- Responsible for completing all training requirements and
maintaining 100% compliance with all assignments.
- Responsible for maintaining work areas and performing job
functions in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with company
policies and procedures, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP's),
Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's).
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by
completing preventive maintenance requirements on motors, pneumatic
tools, conveyor systems, and production machines; following
diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's
instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in
operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and
- Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists,
cranes, and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of
- Fabricates repair parts by using instrumentation and
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and
communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with
procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as
needed. Analyzes mechanical and operational problems on assigned
equipment and plans for and takes corrective action.Makes necessary
corrections and running adjustments to maintain maximum production
- Other duties as assigned.
- The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 75
- Ability to walk and stand for extended periods of time.
- May oil and grease equipment in absence of oiler and
- May operate equipment during relief periods.
- Performs product examination and rework when line is down due
to causes beyond mechanic's control.
- High mental and visual effort required.
- Job involves standing most of shift.
- Willingness to work rotating shifts on continuous, seven-day
Latitude 36 Foods is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we take
great pride in our diverse and talented workforce. We are looking
for diversity in candidates for employment. We recognize that our
continued success depends largely on the collective strengths of
Keywords: Latitude 36 Foods, Hamilton , Maintenance Mechanic 1, Professions , Hamilton, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!