Refrigeration Maintenance - 1st shift - Full-Time - Alexandria, KY 41001
Company: Tyson Foods
Location: West Chester
Posted on: September 10, 2023
If you are looking to make an impact in a meaningful way, join us
at Tyson Foods where we are raising the world's expectations for
how much good food can do! We create quality products in a safe
environment for our team members. We offer growth opportunities and
room for advancement. This facility produces hot dogs, cocktails
and sliced meats.
Refrigeration Maintenance Technicians are responsible for the
operation and maintenance of the refrigeration systems while
maintaining a safe work environment and adhering to Tyson policies
- Operate and maintain ammonia screw compressor package for
refrigeration and perform routine preventative maintenance on
refrigeration equipment and make repairs as required to maintain
proper food temperatures according to USDA and company
- Maintain ammonia evaporators and their control stations to
ensure adequate temperatures in specific areas to meet USDA and
- Maintain ammonia condensers to ensure efficiency and liquid
levels in the ammonia vessels remain at the required points which
completes the refrigeration cycle.
- Maintain boilers and steam controls to facilitate processing,
cooking and sanitation processes based on USDA and production
- Conduct chemical testing to maintain appropriate levels in the
water to allow optimum performance of equipment and to prevent
scaling of the tubes.
- Maintain ammonia vessels and liquid pumps to adequately supply
ammonia or oil or both to the appropriate areas to ensure that
required temperatures are achieved as required per USDA and company
production standards. Additional duties as assigned by
- Must have the ability to lift, push, and pull up to 70 lbs.
occasionally and ability to lift up to 10 lbs. frequently.
- Ability to stand on hard surface for up to 12 hours per day and
ability to work in confined spaces, walk, climb, bend and
- Job requires Repetitive gripping, pushing and pulling.
Temperature ranges from 40-75 degrees.
- Must be flexible regarding work hours & schedule.
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills and must
be able to communicate effectively.
- Basic math skills; percentages, fractions, and
- 2 years industrial maintenance, electrical training.
- 2 years of ammonia refrigeration operator experience.
Candidates who have previously worked for Tyson will have a minimum
rehire waiting period of 180 days and are limited to 3 times of
Relocation Assistance Eligible:
1ST SHIFT (United States of America)
Hourly Applicants ONLY -You must complete the task after submitting
your application to provide additional information to be considered
Tyson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All
qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race,
national origin, color, religion, age, genetics, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
We provide our team members and their families with paid time off;
401(k) plans; affordable health, life, dental, vision and
prescription drug benefits; and more.
CCPA Notice. If you are a California resident, and would like to
learn more about what categories of personal information we collect
when you apply for this job, and how we may use that information,
please read our CCPA Job Applicant Notice at Collection, click here
Keywords: Tyson Foods, Hamilton , Refrigeration Maintenance - 1st shift - Full-Time - Alexandria, KY 41001, Professions , West Chester, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!