R12620-CDL A Delivery Driver - Part Time Seasonal $32 per hour
Company: Scholastic Book Fairs
Location: West Chester
Posted on: September 8, 2023
Position: CDLA Book Fair Delivery Driver - Part Time Seasonal
Location: West Chester, OH
$32.00 per hour
Will work during peak periods of the school year, scheduled off
when schools are closed for spring, summer and winter breaks.
Each year Scholastic Book Fairs, in partnership with schools across
the country, hosts more than 100,000 book-sale events that give
more than 35 million students and their families access to
thousands of affordable and educational products, helping foster a
lifelong love of reading.
We are currently in search of Class A Delivery Drivers to help us
deliver fairs. Scholastic drivers are home every weekend and the
majority of week nights. THIS IS A PART-TIME SEASONAL POSITION.
Work schedule varies from 0 to 30+ hours a week, based on business
needs. Additional hours working as a driver helper may be available
when not assigned a route.
Scholastic offers the following:
401k with a company match
50% discount on Scholastic merchandise
Paid sick time
Newer model equipment with automatic transmission
Seasonal Safety Bonuses
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work with supervisor to deliver and pick-up fairs in an
efficient, cost effective manner.
- Inspect and prepare fifth wheel before coupling.
- Utilize Semi Tractor with either single or tandem axle, manual
or automatic transmission, combined with a 48' or 53' trailer to
line haul fairs from branch facility to hub location.
- Deliver fairs using a Semi Tractor with either single or tandem
axle, manual or automatic transmission, combined with a pup
- Couple and uncouple trailers safely and in a timely manner.
Connect/disconnect air and brake lines, and properly operate
- Work closely with supervisor to ensure customer service
standards are maintained.
- Load and unload trucks with or without assistance of mechanical
- Effectively communicate routing problems to supervisor so
changes can be communicated to the routing team (road construction,
address changes, steps, etc).
- Deliver and pick-up product from schools, as scheduled,, in a
courteous and professional manner.
- Secure and transport products in order to enable customer to
receive a "Damage Free" fair.
- Perform a daily pre-trip and post-trip inspection of motor
vehicle to which assigned. Notify supervisor of any defects or
- Complete and maintain accurate and legible records in a timely
manner to include, but not limited to, DOT Logs, trip sheets, fuel
tickets, road expenses, and other paperwork, as required.
- Adhere to all Company, local, state, and federal
rules/regulations inclusive of, but not limited to, DOT, OSHA,
- Call Regional/Branch office immediately upon the occurrence of
any of the following: a) Accident or damage to person(s) or
property. b) Problem with a school delivery or pick-up. c)
Mechanical failure of equipment.
- Assist in completing warehouse tasks as required by the
- Overnight routes as necessary.
- Must maintain professional appearance including well-groomed
hair, clean uniform, and hygienic habits.
- Attend monthly driver meetings - completing all continuous
training materials as required.
- Complete annual Certificate of Violation Process timely,
accurately and honestly.
- Utilize proper techniques for lifting, packing, and handling
heavy objects, climbing ladders and pushing/pulling display
- Maintain a clean, organized and safe work environment.
- Maintain truck per company standards.
- Regular attendance in accordance with schedule.
- Drug and alcohol free policy compliance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED Certificate preferred.
- Verifiable commercial driving experience of at least one (1)
- Minimum of twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Possess valid CDL A license with air brake endorsement.
- CDL A must be validated through recertification with an
approved Driving School
- Must pass a drug screen/alcohol screen, Motor Vehicle Record
review, criminal background review, and a DOT physical examination
indicating physical essential functions of job can be performed as
- Must be able to drive vehicle weighing in excess of 26,001 GVW
and trailers in excess of 10,000 lbs. with a total combined GVW up
to 80,000 lbs.
- Ability to lift/carry up to 70 lbs. and push, pull, lift and
handle metal/plastic cases weighing more than 350lbs on a regular
and repetitive basis. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Customer service orientated.
- Must be able to read road maps and follow directions.
- Ability to work over time and weekends as needed.
- Strong team player and the ability to get along with
- Good verbal/written communication skills, basic math skills,
and ability to read.
*Important* Please fill out the below information to be re-directed
to the full application
Keywords: Scholastic Book Fairs, Hamilton , R12620-CDL A Delivery Driver - Part Time Seasonal $32 per hour, Professions , West Chester, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!