Company: Ingersoll Rand
Posted on: January 23, 2023
Machinists**Position Summary:**Gardner Denver Machinist work
from process controls, blueprints and quality documents to set-up
and operate work centers within our machine shop. He/she utilizes
specified tooling and gauging to ensure part quality and
conformance to prints. Machinists are directly responsible for
cleaning and organizing their work to provide a safe and efficient
work environment. Accurate production records are also a
responsibility that must be maintained daily.In addition, Gardner
Denver Machinists are responsible for effective written and verbal
communication as well as maintaining a constructive demeanor with
all co-workers.Essential Functions:
- Operates and maintains lathe and milling machines.
- Review drawings, instructions, blueprints, or samples to ensure
- Takes precise measurements for cutting or shaping.
- Selects appropriate machine and settings for a given task.
- Plans proper sequence of tasks to complete the assignment.
- Monitors production, adjusting feed and other settings as
- Maintains inventory of completed products.
- Checks output for quality assurance and documents or discards
- Identifies need for and performs machine maintenance and minor
- Maintains a safe and clean workstation.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related tasks as
- Highschool Diploma or high school equivalency
- AA Machine tool program or 3-5 years of CNC Machining
- Strong skills in the following are required: shop math, metrics
and conversion, geometric dimension and tolerancing
- Strong communication skills and ability to work in a teamwork
settingYou should be proficient in:
- Blueprint Reading
- Troubleshooting CNC MachinesMachines & technologies you'll use:
- CNC Mill (3-4 axis VMC)
- CNC Lathe (2-4 axis)
- CNC Mill (5+ axis VMC)
- CNC Lathe (5+ axis)Salary info:$22 - $30 / hr
Keywords: Ingersoll Rand, Hamilton , Machinist, Other , Hamilton, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!