AIR COMPRESSOR SERVICE TECHNICAN
Company: Atlas Machine & Supply
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Full Job Description This position provides an array of support
skills necessary to complete the job and includes inspecting,
testing, adjusting, and repairing mechanical and electrical
components of air compressors and pump systems in commercial and
industrial workplaces. ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Discusses systems malfunctions with customers and then visually
inspects and listens to machines and equipment to locate causes of
- Dismantles unit to gain access to problem area.
- Inspects and measures parts to detect wear, misalignment, or
- Removes and replaces worn, defective parts.
- Realigns couplings, components and/or shafts.
- Measures, cuts, thread, and installs pipe.
- Repair broken parts and be able to set up and operate
metalworking tools such as drill press, or grinder, to make
- Starts equipment and adjusts controls to settings recommended
by manufacturer to test operation following repair.
- Discuss system operation with customer to verify that
malfunctions have been corrected.
- Drives service van on a daily basis to customer site and
ensures that the vehicle is maintained and serviced on
- Discusses issues, recommendations and follows up with
- Follows policies and procedures including safe work
- Performs other duties as assigned. ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS:
- HS Diploma or equivalent
- Mechanical aptitude is required
- Minimum of 3 years related experience (Mechanic or Diesel
Engine Mechanic experience would be considered)
- Must possess excellent verbal, written and interpersonal
- Flexibility in work schedule is required
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to become DOT certified and maintain certification
- Above average computer skills to include working knowledge of
MS WORD and Excel
- Ability to lift minimum of 70 lbs
- Bending, stooping, twisting and standing for long periods of
time will be required
- Position is subject to various climate conditions
- Basic electrical knowledge Job Type: Full-time Monday-Friday
Pay: $25.00 - $40.00 per hour BENEFITS:
- 401(k) Retirement plan
- 401(k) Company Matching
- Health, Dental and Vision insurance
- Company paid life Insurance, short/long term disability
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Paid time off
- Parental leave PI191092967
Keywords: Atlas Machine & Supply, Hamilton , AIR COMPRESSOR SERVICE TECHNICAN, Other , Hamilton, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!