MATERIAL PLANNER Hamilton, Ohio USA
Company: thyssenkrupp Bilstein of America Inc
Posted on: January 10, 2022
Become part of the #GENERATIONTKThroughout the world, the name
thyssenkrupp Bilstein stands for innovation and high-tech solutions
in chassis engineering. With its competitive chassis engineering
solutions and with production facilities in Europe, North and South
America, and Asia, the company supplies a complete range of damping
and suspension products. Moreover, thyssenkrupp Bilstein has for
many years, been a preferred partner in motor sports and vehicle
tuning.Our membership with the internationally operating
thyssenkrupp AG ensures that resources for investment provide an
additional lead in development competency. Particularly, through
simultaneous engineering, we permanently help to improve
engineering design and systems in automotive
engineering.CompanySummary of Responsibilities:Responsible for
ensuring adequate inventory of materials and supplies at the
facility. Controls materials by studying inventory, and
manufacturing schedules; conferring with production teams;
developing inventory plans and priorities; monitoring inventory
levels, lead times and run sizes, evaluating planned and proposed
material/process changes; identifying and resolving supplier
problems. Manages inventory levels, schedules and availability of
selected parts, either manufactured or purchased, to meet
production schedules. Manages inventories of goods and supplies to
insure plant maintains an adequate supply without carrying
excessive inventories at plant or in the Warehouse. Works closely
with Scheduling, Quality, and Purchasing to ensure the supply of
material while meeting all Bilstein specifications and QA
- Orders and monitors all incoming raw materials, packaging
materials, supplies and other items as needed by the plant directly
for assigned suppliers.
- Reviews material supply and demand to determine actions
appropriate to the development of the
- production schedule.
- Maintains adequate inventories of materials and supplies by
developing and using a broad and deep working understanding of
Plant operational requirements and supplier lead times.
- Performs activities that determine quantities of and delivery
schedules for raw materials, parts and assemblies required to meet
scheduled production, including the use of SAP to create P.O.'s,
schedules, and balance inventories; ensures inventory is not
- Investigates causes of significant discrepancies with suppliers
in order to prevent reoccurrence.
- Follows up with suppliers to ensure on-time delivery dates.
Expedite or deexpedite as needed to maintain production schedule
and protect inventory levels.
- Collaborates with Quality, Scheduling, and Purchasing to ensure
suppliers are shipping quality parts on time.
- Manages supplier relationships to ensure that supplier
expectations are clearly understood and performance against those
expectations are being measured and monitored on a regular basis.
- Seeks out and implements inventory best practices as
- Work with Purchasing and Management to ensure that suppliers
have adequate capacity to meet customer demand.
- Ensure suppliers are conforming to policies in regards to
packaging, labeling, and EDI.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Your profileSelection Criteria:
- High school diploma. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of principles and practices of inventory
- Knowledge of central warehousing and distribution
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality
control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective
manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Ability to identify information by categorizing, estimating,
recognizing differences or similarities, and detecting changes in
circumstances or events.
- Ability to monitor and review information from materials,
events, or the environment, to detect or assess risks.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (Outlook, Word,
- Strong understanding and proven experience of MRP using
- Ability to identify and problem solve vendor issues.
- Ability to observe and explain policies and procedures to
- Independent & organized work style with the ability to
effectively manage time, prioritize work responsibilities, assume
and manage multiple tasks without close supervision, and meet
- Strong analytical capabilities and initiative to take action as
appropriate and necessary.
- Demonstrated strength in working in a Team Oriented
- Well developed oral & written communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze & solve difficult issues in a
dynamic environment.ContactPLEASEAPPLYONLINEYour benefits
Keywords: thyssenkrupp Bilstein of America Inc, Hamilton , MATERIAL PLANNER Hamilton, Ohio USA, Other , Hamilton, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!