Senior Software Engineer
Posted on: November 20, 2018
Additional Job Information Title: Senior Software EngineerCity, State: Indianapolis, INLocation: Indianapolis-8333 Naab RdDepartment: Administration 001Additional Job Details: FT, DaysAbout Us Ascension Technologies is one of the nation's largest healthcare information technology services organizations.We provide Ascension and its subsidiaries low-cost, high-value IT infrastructure and software application services that:--- Support rapid and effective clinical decision making--- Improve efficiency and care transitions--- Foster information sharing across the continuum of care--- Make knowledge and data actionable, leading to improved patient outcomes Navion Healthcare Solutions is a leading provider of healthcare data management solutions supporting improving patient outcomes. Navion's software and healthcare analytics tools enable hospital clients to monitor and improve clinical outcomes through capturing and reporting critical clinical data and key performance indicators. Navion offers a range of healthcare quality services from web-based clinical registry software and reporting tools to data capture services for hospitals throughout the country. Learn more at Job Description Job Summary: The Software Engineer will develop enhancements and support Navion's commercial clinical registry software product, Ncompass. This is an Electronic Medical Record (EMR) SaaS application which integrates EMR admissions, reimbursement coding, and clinical data for submission to national healthcare outcomes databases. This is a full stack development role. Responsibilities:
- Identify, assess, and execute application architecture enhancements to support commercial growth of Navion's web application.
- Working with business and quality analysts, apply agile and traditional software development life cycle processes to new functionality to achieve zero defect production releases.
- Enhance Navion's data exchange applications including system interfaces with Electronic Health Record (EHR), Admission, Discharge, and Transfer (ADT), financial and coding, and hospital lab systems.
- Develop WCF services to support data exchange between client and server.
- Provide technical oversight across the development team to ensure adherence to standards and alignment with technical framework. Qualifications Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field is preferred.
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field is preferred.
- Experience in delivering cloud-based SaaS applications as a commercial software product is preferred.
- 2+ years of software development experience.
- 1+ years' experience in C#, .NET, WCF, and SQL is preferred.
- Entity Framework experience is preferred.
- Enterprise experience focused on highly available software solutions and their supporting services.
- Working knowledge of IIS and familiarity with configuring web, FTP and SMTP services preferred.
- Healthcare IT and HL7 experience is preferred.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Strong team orientation with positive interpersonal skills.Equal Employment Opportunity Ascension Technologies is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet. Please click the link below for more information. EEO is the Law Poster Supplement E-Verify Statement Ascension Technologies participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information. E -Verify (link to E-verify site)
Keywords: Ascension, Hamilton , Senior Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Indianapolis, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!