Chief Software Architect - Sparta
Company: Honeywell International Inc.
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Employee health and safety is Honeywell's top priority. The
Company is therefore taking action to address the increased risk
and uncertainty that COVID-19 continues to pose in our workplaces,
our communities, for our families and for our employees. Candidates
should be aware that Honeywell requires all U.S and its
territories, including Puerto Rico new hires to be fully
vaccinated. All job offers will be contingent upon providing proof
of vaccination on the first day of employment. This job is
available in 16 locations Category Information Technology Job Id
HRD125598 Driving Infinite Possibilities Within A Diversified,
Global Organization Sparta Systems has been recently acquired by
Honeywell. Honeywell is a Fortune 100 company with expertise in
Life Sciences. The combination of Sparta Systems and Honeywell
brings together Sparta Systems' quality management leadership with
over 100 years of software and industrial expertise from Honeywell.
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of
thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers whomake the things that
make the future.--That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets
in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and
evenmaking it possible to breathe on Mars.--Working at Honeywell
isn't just about developing cool things. That's why all of our
employees enjoy access to dynamiccareer opportunities across
different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future? As a Delivery Consultant,
you will support all phases of product delivery and implementation.
This includes analyzing and documenting customer business
requirements, conducting requirement gathering workshops with
customers, and configuring and installing software as a service
solution (SaaS). This is a unique opportunity to be a part of a new
team working with premier accounts. This position will interact
with various levels of management and will have great visibility
both internally and externally. As a Chief Architect, you will be
responsible for providing the highest caliber of technical
leadership and take ownership of the definition of architectural
approaches used across Sparta's software solutions to meet the
company and customer's strategic goals. You will be responsible for
evaluating new solutions and developing the supporting elements
required to incorporate new technologies in a safe and secure
manner. The ideal candidate will have broad experience in
cloud-based development in IaaS, PaaS and SaaS environments. For
consideration to this job posting, candidates must possess hands-on
experience in designing for both small and large-scale solutions
with an emphasis on security, performance, scalability, and cost.
- Technical leadership for the engineering organization in the
appropriate selection and use of technical frameworks, platforms,
design patterns and work methods.
- Engineering methodologies - provide recommendations and
guidance in best practice, tool use and application of modern
- Architecture and design -propose technical solutions, ensure
their integrity, and that the solutions can be built, implemented,
and maintained within timelines/budgets.
- Technical design authority - internally and externally
recognized as a specialist on complex technical areas, will drive
benchmarking, installation, upgrade, configuration, deployment, and
- Improve quality - identify innovative approaches to improve
- Provide stability - ensure engineering teams can develop in a
stable and productive environment, with minimal rework required due
to of architectural change or problems as products evolve.
- Industry knowledge - familiar with industry changes in
technology standards, anticipates technology shifts in development
standards, methods, and emerging 3rd party software to advise on
technology and leverage industry best practice in the design and
construction of Sparta's software products.
- Translate business requirements and product vision into
application architecture that exceeds expectations. Ensure the day
to day technical control of development projects by
- Providing regular updates on project status, risks and
- Supporting and mentoring individual developers and
- Performing detailed technical reviews to ensure overall
architectural philosophy is being adhered to.
- Defining and enforcing procedures and checkpoints to monitor
- Hands on contributor to prototypes and product implementations.
Effectively support Sales and participate in business discussions
- Evangelizing the Architecture and Design of Sparta's software
products to customers.
- Effectively articulating and presenting the benefits and
technical advantages of Sparta's solutions to technical and
non-technical customers and Sparta staff.
- Communicates technical topics in business terms when
- Make decisions based on both technical and business
- Demonstrating the acumen to manage and cultivate positive
- Contributing to the production of proposals in response to
requests for development, RFIs and RFPs. Software Industry
- Finds opportunities to make public contributions to the
advancement of software engineering (Publications, Blogs, Speaking,
Work on Standards Bodies, Open Source Contribution).
- Software & Technology Awareness via multiple channels.
- May include the submission of Patent ideas. Provide incisive
input into the best application of technology to create the next
generation of Sparta's solutions
- In concert with other architects within Sparta, play a leading
role in the creation a center of expertise and forum for common
component design, reuse, and exploitation.
- Provides significant contribution for the definition and
documentation of development standards and best practices.
- Provides input in to constantly improving the scalability,
extensibility, interoperability, reliability, availability, and
performance of Sparta's software products. Additional
Responsibilities for this position
- Owner of Sparta Systems Innovation Program; including
- Owner of Sparta Systems Technology Security Program.
- Works with Sparta legal counsel for IP and patent
- Responsible for the approval of third-party products and
components to be added to Sparta's products.
- Responsible for license compliance for embedded third party
- Approves all significant technical decisions. YOU MUST HAVE
- 2+ years of People management; small team of principal
architects, senior architects, and architects
- 10+ years of Product Engineering from an R&D
- 5+ years enterprise Architecture Experience
- 2 + years of translating business requirements into technical
requirements, presenting to C level executives WE VALUE
- Bachelor degree in Information Technology, Computer Science,
Software Engineering or related field
- Cloud certifications (Azure, Google, AWS, Salesforce)
- Experience with Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and
- Responsible for protecting Sparta Systems IP through governance
of approved technologies and licenses and the proper management of
IP disclosure. Additional Information
- JOB ID: HRD125598
- Category: Information Technology
- Location: 2000 Waterview Drive, Suite 300,Hamilton,New
- Exempt Global (ALL) Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age,
race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status,
affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status. Email this job
Send this job to yourself or a colleague. Your Name Fred Senior IT
analyst Tell us about what you do at Honeywell. Get tailored job
recommendations based on your interests. Thorough understanding of
common and complex application architecture designs which include
multi-region, cloud native integrations (GRS/LRS storage, native
databases,), SSL Certification Management and... 7 + years of
design and development experience in the Salesforce ecosystem,
preferably with sales cloud. 10+ years of experience in Salesforce
implementation and application development: designing,
developing,... Planview technical architecture and integration
architecture solution. Design, Build and deploy planview
integration solution. 2+ years of experience in Planview technical
implementation. Overall, 4 years... Advanced knowledge of
Engineering and non-engineering workstations (Hardware) and
migration to VDI Platforms. Conveys specific, observable, and/or
measurable expectations for each assignment, and verifies... Get
notified for similar jobs You'll receive updates once a week Enter
Email address (Required) Join The Talent Honeywell Community
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants
will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color,
national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, disability,
nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
Keywords: Honeywell International Inc., Hamilton , Chief Software Architect - Sparta, IT / Software / Systems , Hamilton, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!