Company: Dover Business Services
Posted on: January 7, 2019
Dover Business Services [is an independent business unit that] empowers OpCo growth by providing best-in-class operations expertise and services to increase capacity, improve control and reduce costs. In the future we will also provide analytics, strategic services and leverage advanced technologies. This enables OpCos to focus on customer business activity and growth strategies. DBS supports Dover s Operating Companies through the processing of select financial and transactional processes and provides HR and IT support. DBS operates shared service centers in China, North America, the Philippines and Scotland.
The Payroll Analyst is responsible for delivering timely and quality service to internal stakeholders and Dover customers, as measured by Service Level Agreements and Key Performance Indicators. The Payroll team is responsible for all aspects of payroll in accordance with standard tax and accounting principles across a multi-entity, multi-state, multi-country manufacturing segment. The team directly interacts with diverse payroll systems supporting employees across numerous entities throughout the United States and Canada, including but not limited to CA, IL, MI, MN, MO, OH, PA, NC, WI. Payroll populations include union/non-union, pension/non-pension eligible participants.
* Timely and accurate preparation and processing of payroll for employees in multiple FEINs and states
* Validate Gross to Net payroll calculations in payroll system
* Thoroughly audit payroll reports each pay period
* Run Operating Company audit reports on time each pay period
* Follow payroll checklist and verify all steps are completed each pay period
* Review/post employee time sheet data and earnings including base pay, overtime, shift differential and other incentives
* Investigate and resolve payroll discrepancies in accordance with the Service Level Agreements (SLAs) established for the Payroll team
* Assist HR and Finance partners in reconciling payroll activities
* All other duties as assigned
CANDIDATE EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
* At least 3 years of Payroll experience, preferably with unions in the industrial/manufacturing industry
* CPP certification preferred
* Experience with Payroll and Time Management systems and solutions; ie., ADP GlobalView, Kronos, eTime, iReports, iPay, SAP, etc.
* Experience with online banking administration
* High level of customer focus and ability to maintain a positive attitude at all times
* Strong Microsoft Excel skills required: V-lookups, pivot tables, etc
* High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office products
* Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
* Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast paced environment
* Self-directed, positive and ethical role model able to work with moderate supervision
* Highly ethical and ability to maintain strict confidentiality
* Strong analytical, written and verbal communication skills
* Strong continuous improvement mindset
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, genetic information, or any other factors prohibited by law.
Keywords: Dover Business Services, Hamilton , Payroll Analyst, Human Resources , Hamilton, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!