Cafe Barista (Full-Time)
Posted on: November 9, 2019
Overview Caf-- BaristaStoryPoint of Fairfield The Caf-- Barista is
responsible for serving all products with friendly, individualized
attention toward each customer. He or she is also responsible for
educating customers about our premium coffees and teas and serving
as a waitress or waiter in our Bistro Dining Room. Required
- Excellent oral communication skills required
- Positive interpersonal skills required
- Previous industry and barista experience is preferred but not
- Must demonstrate proven leadership abilities, commitment to
customer service, and strong organization and time management
skills. Primary Responsibilities
- Weighs, grinds, and packs coffee per customers' orders
according to company guidelines.
- Serves as a waiter/waitress for our bistro dining room.
- Sells and serves products to customers in a courteous and
- Participates in all sales promotions effectively and
- Safely handles all hot and cold drinks during drink
- Follows all company drink recipes and procedures.
- Verbally receives and calls back customer orders in a friendly
- Responds proactively to prevent customer service
- Accurately rings sales orders into cash register and counts
back change to customers.
- The Caf-- Barista answers customer questions regarding coffee
blends, preparation, etc., in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Sells and serves baked goods and miscellaneous food items to
- Maintains efficient, friendly service standards.
- Restocks shelves when necessary.
- Routinely cleans the bar area, floor, windows, and grinders,
take out trash, etc.
- Maintains a high level of motivation to ensure quality and
consistent product knowledge.
- Ensures that all customers are educated on our products and
- Maintains the highest quality, consistent product
- Assists in following visual presentation plans and
- Knowledgeable of the resident rights, and ensures an atmosphere
that allows for privacy, dignity, and well-being of all residents
in a safe, secure environment.
- Effectively communicate both orally and in writing.
- Present professional appearance by wearing approved uniform and
name tag. General Working Conditions This position entails standing
for long periods of time. While performing the duties of this job,
the employee is required to communicate effectively with others,
sit, stand, walk and use hands to handle keyboard, telephone,
paper, files, and other equipment and objects. The employee is
occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. This position
requires the ability to review detailed documents and read computer
screens. The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 25
pounds. The work environment requires appropriate interaction with
others. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
Occasional travel to different locations may be required. Serving
is our Business Connecting Seniors, Families and Communities
StoryPoint and Independence Village have over 35 years of
experience working and living with seniors creating a deep
understanding of their unique needs and desires. It's this
combination of technology, understanding, appreciation, and
commitment that sets us apart and makes our culture so special for
both our employees and our residents. Everyone in our communities
commits to appreciating our residents as individuals who deserve to
shine, every day. 1440 Culture Not Just Making Every Day Great.
Making Every Minute Great. There are 1,440 minutes in every single
day. We aspire to make each one of them an exceptional moment. This
philosophy is supported by our 6 powerful, yet simple pillars:
Dream Big, Have Courage, Take Initiative, Be Accountable, Give Back
& Enjoy it. We strive to fulfill the aspirational yet unattainable
goal of creating the absolute best experience with every person, in
every interaction, every minute of every day. It begins with
empowering our employees. Every employee, at every level of the
company, is expected to perform like a leader. Everyone is
encouraged and expected to put the needs of each other above
everything else. No one here just "does their job" The mission is
to create the absolute best experiences. This emphasis on putting
people first has helped us successfully grow for the right reasons.
We have developed an environment that attracts dreamers,
adventurers, creators, givers and believers to seek career
opportunities with us. We find people who believe that true
happiness is only found in the service of others. We want
high-performers with diverse skill-sets and big hearts. We treat
each other as family and find that close collaboration creates the
biggest ideas. We have comprehensive benefit packages that include
health, dental, vision, 401(k), income protection, and
extraordinary work-life benefits. This classification description
is intended to indicate the general kinds of tasks and levels of
work difficulty that are required of positions given this title and
should not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and
responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not
intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor
to assign, direct and control the work of the employees under
her/his supervision. The use of a particular expression or
illustration describing duties shall not exclude other duties not
mentioned that are of a similar kind or level of difficulty. Equal
Opportunity Employer Click on glassdoor to see our employee
Keywords: StoryPoint, Hamilton , Cafe Barista (Full-Time), Hospitality & Tourism , Hamilton, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!