Hotel Front Desk Supervisor
Company: Spooky Nook Sports
Posted on: May 26, 2023
Responsible for leading the front desk team in providing
exceptional service to hotel guests by following established
procedures. The Front Office Supervisor manages all aspects of the
department including but not limited to operations, planning,
budgeting, and payroll in accordance with hotel policies and
procedures. Works as part of the hotel management team.
Working at the largest indoor sports complex in North America is an
experience that compares to no other. The atmosphere is filled with
energetic excitement that provide an uplifting ambience throughout
the facility. The Nook takes pride in its friendly, guest-focused
team members that make kindness contagious and help others
As a full-time team member of the Nook, you will enjoy:
- Free family membership to our massive 65,000+ sq. ft. fitness
center, including all the equipment you need to fit almost any
training program. Membership also includes all group fitness
- Affordable and comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Competitive PTO package
- Paid holidays
- 401k program
- 35% discount on food and beverage purchases, including the
Forklift and Palate restaurant
- 35% discount on all Nook apparel
- Free child watch
- Discounts on academy team programs, birthday parties, personal
training, event space rental, and more!
- Local business discounts
Essential Job Functions
- Act as manager on duty for the hotel, dealing with service
issues, problem solving, and other issues that may arise.
- Effectively communicates all pertinent activities to hotel team
regarding daily activities, VIP guests, events, and special
- Maintain a professional and high-quality service-oriented
environment at all times.
- Leads trainings for new team members.
- Manages cash handling procedures.
- Establishes procedures for property management system and
- Works with Housekeeping Manager to ensure cleanliness standards
- Develop and maintain a well-informed, working knowledge of
competing hotel properties as well as attractions available in
- Establish an ongoing personal development plan.
- Assists Front Office Manager in conducting regular team
meetings to review hotel performance, service scores, successes,
and service improvement areas.
- Assists Front Office Manager in creating improvement plans as
necessary to address individual and team areas of opportunity.
- Stays informed of industry trends and happenings through
research, networking, and attending industry events.
- Be aware and able to enforce all fire-life-safety procedures.
Remain current in all updates regarding new procedures and
training. Ensure staff is fully trained in emergency
- Impeccably dressed and sets the standard for uniform wear
- All other duties as assigned
- 3+ year(s) in a hotel front office role
- Previous supervisory experience in guest-focused
- 18 years of age or older
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Dependable transportation to and from work
- Language skills: Fluent knowledge of the English language;
including the ability to read and interpret written information and
speak and understand verbal communication
- Ability to fulfill the physical requirements of the position
with any reasonable accommodations as necessary
- Availability to work a flexible schedule that includes
evenings, weekends, and/or holidays
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Highly dependable with a history of consistent attendance and
- Guest-focused/service-oriented; ability to see big picture and
impact on company. Supports Company mission as serves as an
advocate for its products and services
- Demonstrates a positive and friendly attitude towards guests,
customers, and fellow employees. Exhibits a respectful,
- Self-starting and motivated with the ability to work
independently and take initiative
- Ability to multi-task and balance multiple projects/duties at
- Team-focused mindset; willing to set own priorities aside to
help others; contributes to building a positive team spirit and
- Trustworthy and honest; takes accountability when
- Detail-Oriented; Demonstrates a consistent level of accuracy
and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote
- Ability to remain calm in tense or stressful situations.
- Experience communicating with individuals of diverse
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, fractions, and decimals
- Integrity to safeguard confidential information
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is a plus
- Strong leadership skills; Inspires respect and trust from
others; provides vision, inspiration, and guidance. Experienced in
setting goals and developing individuals.
- Physical requirements: While performing the duties of this job,
the team member will be regularly required to perform physical
activity that includes moving about the work area, standing,
sitting, bending, reaching with hands and arms, lifting, pushing,
pulling, talking, hearing, and smelling. The team member will be
frequently required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. He or she is
required to have the visual acuity to determine the accuracy,
neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned.
- Lifting requirements: The team member will occasionally be
required to lift, push, pull, lower and/or move up to 10 lbs.
frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Noise Level: The noise level in this environment is typically
Keywords: Spooky Nook Sports, Hamilton , Hotel Front Desk Supervisor, Hospitality & Tourism , Hamilton, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...