Manager Lab - Laboratory Svcs / Core Lab - Hamilton - Full-Time - Days
Company: Kettering Health
Posted on: September 23, 2022
OverviewKettering Health is a not-for-profit system of 13
medical centers and more than 120 outpatient facilities serving
southwest Ohio. We are committed to transforming the health care
experience with high-quality care for every stage of life. Our
service-oriented mission is in action every day, whether its by
providing care in our facilities, training the next generation of
health care professionals, or serving others through international
outreach. -Campus Overview -Kettering Health Hamilton
- Kettering Health Hamilton, formerly Fort Hamilton Hospital, has
been serving the Hamilton community for over 90 years.
- Leads the way to better health in the Butler County area,
serving patients from -Fairfield, Oxford, Cincinnati, Middletown
and surrounding communities.
- KH Hamilton offerings include maternity, emergency, the most
advanced wound healing in Butler County, and a range of outpatient
- In 2020, KH Hamilton received an A from the Leapfrog Group, a
national patient safety watchdog, ranking among the safest
hospitals in the United States.
- Full-service, community hospital -licensed -for -203 beds.
- In 2020, KH Hamilton received several awards from Healthgrades:
- Americas 250 Best Hospitals (2018-2020)
- Americas 100 Best Pulmonary Care (2018-2020)
- Gastrointestinal Care Excellence Award (2020) Responsibilities
& RequirementsJob Summary: -The Laboratory Manager supervises
day-to-day operational, personnel, and financial activities of the
laboratory and ancillary testing under the Administrative Director
for administrative matters and the Laboratory Medical Director for
medical matters. In addition, directs, monitors, and documents
activities in the department to assure compliance with all
regulatory, licensure, and accreditation requirements. -Job
- Certification by one of the following mechanisms required:
-MT(ASCP) or CT(ASCP) or HTL(ASCP)
- Graduate degree in medical technology or related field,
business administration, or hospital administration and a minimum
of 2 years
- Administrative/supervisory experience in a hospital clinical
- BS or BA with a minimum of 5 years administrative/supervisory
experience in a hospital clinical laboratory accepted.Job
- General knowledge of all types of clinical and anatomical
- Knowledge of managerial skills and techniques.
- Knowledge of accounting and statistics.
- Knowledge of office routines and skills.
- Ability to perform laboratory procedures and manipulate
laboratory equipment and instruments.
- Ability to organize personnel, equipment, instruments, and
other things for efficient laboratory operation.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to write concise, grammatically correct and properly
formatted policies, procedures and reports.
- Ability to collect, prepare and analyze statistical and
- Ability to collect and evaluate data and write reports on which
others will make decisions.
- Ability to make decisions and carry them out.Work
Environment:Hazards The hazards include contact with potentially
infectious patients, body fluids, or other materials; - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - and in some cases, working with potentially
toxic or flammable materials.Preferred Qualifications#PM21
Keywords: Kettering Health, Hamilton , Manager Lab - Laboratory Svcs / Core Lab - Hamilton - Full-Time - Days, Healthcare , Hamilton, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!