Laboratory Supervisor - Core Lab - Hamilton - Full-Time - Days
Company: Kettering Medical Center
Posted on: September 22, 2022
Kettering Health is a not-for-profit system of 13 medical
centers and more than 120 outpatient facilities serving southwest
Ohio. We are committed to transforming the health care experience
with high-quality care for every stage of life. Our
service-oriented mission is in action every day, whether its by
providing care in our facilities, training the next generation of
health care professionals, or serving others through international
outreach.Kettering Health Hamilton
- Kettering Health Hamilton, formerly Fort Hamilton Hospital, has
been serving the Hamilton community for over 90 years.
- Leads the way to better health in the Butler County area,
serving patients from Fairfield, Oxford, Cincinnati, Middletown and
- KH Hamilton offerings include maternity, emergency, the most
advanced wound healing in Butler County, and a range of outpatient
- In 2020, KH Hamilton received an A from the Leapfrog Group, a
national patient safety watchdog, ranking among the safest
hospitals in the United States.
- Full-service, community hospital licensed for 203 beds.
- In 2020, KH Hamilton received several awards from
- Americas 250 Best Hospitals (2018-2020)
- Americas 100 Best Pulmonary Care (2018-2020)
- Gastrointestinal Care Excellence Award (2020)Job Summary:Under
the direction of the Manager for administrative matters and the
Medical Director assigned to the section for medical matters,
plans, organizes and coordinates the work and employees of the
section. Maintains accreditation standards, quality control and
inventory. Selects, trains, evaluates, counsels and discharges
employees. Maintains section in accordance with the goals and
policies of the department and the institution. Maintains budgetary
control. Works at bench when required. Serves as inspector for
- Demonstrates up-to-date job knowledge. Demonstrates knowledge
of, and adherence to, department policies and procedures.
- Completes work assignments in a timely manner. Serves as a
working coordinator of the section.
- Assigns schedules and reviews the work of staff to insure that
tests are performed in accordance with prescribed standards and the
deadlines are observed.
- Maintains an adequate number of qualified, competent staff
following departmental and institutional policies and
- Maintains knowledge of and compliance with regulatory and
accreditation requirements. Maintains required records in
accordance with accreditation requirements.
- Sets up and monitors appropriate internal and external quality
control for instruments and test correcting problems as
- Responsibility for inventory and ordering of supplies for the
section. Makes recommendations for standing orders. Compares cost
and quality of supplies.
- Prepares procedure manual, including biennial review in
accordance with departmental formats and accreditation guidelines.
Maintains test section Activity Menu and notifies the Manager in
advance whenever a test is to be added or deleted.
- Is responsible for preventative maintenance in the section.
Makes periodic replacements in accordance with prescribed
- Adheres to safety (Universal Precautions), infection control
and hazardous materials policies. Maintains compliance in the
section and notifies the Manager if there are problems that require
work orders of equipment.Required Skills
- Specific knowledge of and outstanding ability to perform the
tests and operate the instruments appropriate to the section both
at Kettering Health Network, and in the general field of Laboratory
- In-depth knowledge of appropriate quality assurance procedures
for the section.
- Ability to troubleshoot.
- Ability to perform or guide others in accuracy, precision,
correlation, and normal range studies for the tests performed in
- Current familiarity and understanding of appropriate
accreditation and government regulations.
- Ability to communicate effectively with other supervisors,
employees, Pathologists and other hospital personnel. Ability to
effectively counsel employees.
- Respect for and commitment to the laboratory and the
institution, and their policies.
- Ability to devise clear, accurate, grammatically correct
reports or procedures.
- Knowledge of departmental and institutional policies,
procedures, and organization.
- Ability to organize and set priorities.
- Provides leadership that encourages good morale and appropriate
performance standards.Job Requirements:
- A BS or BA degree and course requirements currently specified
for the MT(ASCP), the HTL(ASCP) or the CT(ASCP), whichever is
- A minimum of 2 years experience or an MS with 3 - 5 years of
- ASCP generalist certification or certification equivalent to
PM21Requisition Number: 2022-38336 Shift: First Shift Name: 401060
- CORE LAB External Company URL: http://www.ketteringhealth.org/
Street: 630 Eaton Avenue FTE: 80 Hours Per Pay Period/FTE 1.0
Keywords: Kettering Medical Center, Hamilton , Laboratory Supervisor - Core Lab - Hamilton - Full-Time - Days, Healthcare , Hamilton, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!