Sub-Section Manager - Metal Additive Design
Location: West Chester
Posted on: February 6, 2024
Job Description SummaryThis role is within the GE Aerospace
Additive Design team. In this role, you will lead the team
responsible for the design, method development, and technical
maturation of state-of-the-art additively manufactured components
that will be used in GE's commercial products, including technology
development as a part of the RISE program.
The Sub-Section Manager demonstrates accountability for functional,
business, and broad company objectives. In this role you will
integrate and develop processes that meet business needs across the
organization, manage complex issues within additive design, be
involved in long-term planning, and contribute to the overall
business strategy.Job DescriptionEssential Responsibilities:In this
role, you will lead a design team responsible for Additive
components on future product applications. As Sub-Section Manager,
- Provide leadership and technical direction for assigned program
tasks and personnel, including executing hiring plan to build
design team capacity.
- Develop and execute technology roadmaps to support RISE
technology development and product application, including risk
- Partner closely with additive manufacturing team to advance
manufacturing readiness and support on-time hardware delivery for
RISE technology demonstrators.
- Maintain broad awareness of efforts within group to assure
technical quality excellence, timely completion of work and
reviews, appropriate use of resources, and responsiveness to
customer / program needs, through the implementation of lean
operating rhythms and appropriate KPI's.
- Establish work group goals within framework of section
technical and financial objectives
- Provide support council and recommendations to section
management Facilitate communication of technical and business
information between organizations and within work group
- Communicate with management on technical, organizational,
resource and personnel issues
- Define roles and responsibilities for assigned personnel
- Conduct performance appraisals and participate in salary
- Promote professional growth through timely performance
feedback, coaching and counseling
- Ensure company compliance initiatives and training requirements
are implemented within work groupQualifications/Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering
- At least 5 additional years of experience in a program or
project leadership role within an engineering environmentDesired
- Additive design and manufacturing experience
- Experience developing and executing technology and
- Effective team building and project management ability -
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skill
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems.
- Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects.
- Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs.This
role requires access to U.S. export-controlled information. If
applicable, final offers will be contingent on ability to obtain
authorization for access to U.S. export-controlled information from
the U.S. Government.Additional InformationGE offers a great work
environment, professional development, challenging careers, and
competitive compensation. GE is an -Equal Opportunity Employer.
Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color,
religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran
status or other characteristics protected by law.GE will only
employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United
States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned
upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
Keywords: GE, Hamilton , Sub-Section Manager - Metal Additive Design, Executive , West Chester, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!