Product Manager - Manufacturing
Company: OPW, a Dover Company
Posted on: September 20, 2022
This position reports to the Director Sales and is responsible
for providing product line lifecycle, price and position analysis
and recommendations to Commercial Leadership to maximize market
share, profit and revenue across the Knappco product portfolio. By
performing analysis of market/customer demand the Product Manager
will work closely with the operations and planning teams to ensure
Knappco is meeting customer and market expectations. The Product
Manager will develop, execute & manage marketing strategy &
planning for specified business segment in close coordination with
the group Commercial leaders; and also develop and implement market
research programs for specified business segment.
- Analyzes market trends and potential from market and customer
feedback; prepares sales forecasts via S&OP process for use in
planning manufacturing operations and for controlling
- Develops and recommends market objectives, including sales
volume and profit forecasts for assigned product or products.
- Provide product line lifecycle management, price, and position,
market and industry analysis to maximize market share, profit and
- Creates and executes marketing strategy and plans for specified
business segments working closely with Sales and Corporate
Marketing Support teams.
- Creates and drives market research activities for specified
business segment. Develops and leads ideation for new products and
- Responsible for all advertising and literature creation and
- Develops methods for field testing marketing programs to
determine public acceptance; evaluates the effectiveness of
promotional and advertising programs; recommends improvements or
- Reviews customer complaints and suggestions relative to
- Recommends changes, improvements, or deletions to assigned
- Participates in the evaluation of potential product/company
- Supports market development, sales promotion, advertising,
distribution, and pricing policies.
- Provides Product training to sales team and customers. Make
joint sales calls with sales team.
- Accountable for Sarbanes-Oxley compliance in assigned area.
Responsible for design and operating effectiveness of internal
controls, including a self-assessment and report to
- Accountable for developing and monitoring processes and
practices necessary for legal and ethical compliance in assigned
- Ensure compliance with all quality regulations, standards and
corporate policies including but not limited to ISO 9001:2015 and
AAR M-1003 for assigned department
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Business or Marketing
- 5-7 years' experience in Product Management
- 3 years' work experience in sales/marketing/product
Preferred Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Proven ability to collect and analyze market and product data.
Ability to present data and information to cross functional areas
of company to support recommendations for product lines, pricing,
marketing strategy, etc.
- Proven record of contributing described essential functions
with a growing and successful branded company(s).
- Strong analytical skills: Expert level in Microsoft Excel and
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and customer service
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work collaboratively and maintain effective working
relationships with co-workers.
- Ability to effectively problem-solve.
- Ability to facilitate activities necessary to a project's
- Experience in Industrial valves is a plus.
- Ability to travel to travel up to 40% of the time including
some international travel.
For over 125 years, OPW has led the way in designing and
manufacturing world-class retail fueling, fluid handling and car
wash system solutions for the safe and efficient handling and
distribution of fuels and critical fluids. OPW makes above ground
and below ground products for both conventional, vapor recovery and
clean energy applications in the retail and commercial markets.
Additionally, OPW supplies loading arms, valves and dry-break
couplings, tank truck equipment, rail car valves and equipment, and
car wash systems. OPW has manufacturing operations in North
America, Europe, Latin America and Asia Pacific, with sales offices
around the world. OPW is part of the Dover Corporation, which is
publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange under 'DOV'. To
learn more about OPW's 125 years of providing industry-leading
solutions, visit our website at www.opwglobal.com.
Dover, a Fortune 500 Company, is a diversified global manufacturer
and solutions provider with annual revenue of approximately $8
billion. We deliver innovative equipment and components, consumable
supplies, aftermarket parts, software and digital solutions, and
support services through five operating segments: Engineered
Products, Clean Energy & Fueling, Imaging & Identification, Pumps &
Process Solutions and Climate & Sustainability Technologies. Dover
combines global scale with operational agility to lead the markets
we serve. Recognized for our entrepreneurial approach for over 65
years, our team of over 25,000 employees takes an ownership
mindset, collaborating with customers to redefine what's possible.
Headquartered in Downers Grove, Illinois, Dover trades on the New
York Stock Exchange under "DOV." Additional information is
available at dovercorporation.com.
Note: we are unable to provide visa sponsorship or transfer now or
at any point in the future for this position.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected
veteran status, disability, age, genetic information, or any other
factors prohibited by law.
Keywords: OPW, a Dover Company, Hamilton , Product Manager - Manufacturing, Executive , Hamilton, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!