Capital Project Manager
Company: Acord (association For Cooperative Operations Rese
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Accountable for scope of work definition and prioritization for
each scope of work, particularly for multiple projects. Ensures
prioritization is reflective of stakeholder needs. Ensures all
services and materials procurement for assigned projects are
optimized and compliant with University procurement policy.
Responsible for assigned projects' completion on time, on budget
and within University design standards and relevant codes.
Specific Accountabilities include but are not limited to:
- Manages construction projects on campus as assigned by the AVP
of Facilities and Capital Projects.
- Serves as a liaison between Architects/Engineers, Contractors,
and University stakeholders during major construction projects.
This includes new construction and major renovations of existing
- Provides on-site inspection/coordination of construction
projects on Colgate University owned facilities to assure
compliance with plans and/or specifications for construction
projects. Inspects all work-in-progress at construction sites.
- Serves as a team problem solver with
contractors/sub-contractors and A/E teams.
- Verifies and approves applications for payment, negotiates
necessary change orders.
- Issues weekly progress reports to immediate supervisor and
- Assures timely completion of projects within pre-approved
- Reviews shop drawings; maintains project files and close out
- Confirms compliance with ADA, building, life safety codes and
with internal security / safety requisites.
- Monitors the progress of projects under construction and
follow-up to insure user satisfaction, quality control, and
compliance within the budget.
- Participates in the selection of potential bidders/contractors
through careful review of plans and specifications.
- Prepares required cost reports and maintains appropriate
- Performs related duties as assigned. Professional
- Requires a working knowledge of local/state building codes and
standards of design for commercial construction.
- Must possess knowledge of basic construction techniques and
- Incumbent must function in a highly organized manner and
possess high interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with cost estimating.
- Must have excellent written and verbalcommunication
- Requires adeveloped aptitude with, Microsoft office suite,
AutoCAD and MS Project.
- Provenability to communicate and interact effectively with
campus groups and facilities department constituencies.
- Must be capable of working collegially with a diverse group of
faculty, staff and students on a daily basis. Preferred
Qualifications: Previous experience in a post-secondary environment
is highly desirable. Education: Associates Degree in architecture,
engineering or construction management highly desired or a minimum
10 years of experience including project programming/design
development, budget development and/or construction administration.
EEO Statement: It is the policy of Colgate University not to
discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on
the basis of their race, color, creed, religion, age, sex,
pregnancy, national origin, marital status, disability, protected
Veterans status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
genetic information, being or having been victims of domestic
violence or stalking, familial status, or any other categories
covered by law. Colgate is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer. Candidates from historically underrepresented groups,
women, persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are
encouraged to apply.
Keywords: Acord (association For Cooperative Operations Rese, Hamilton , Capital Project Manager, Executive , Hamilton, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!