Automotive Mechanic Shop Technician - Level 2
Company: Cox Automotive
Posted on: October 11, 2019
A mid-level (Level 2) Automotive Technician provides a high-quality
vehicle maintenance and repairs.? Provides service and delivery of
vehicles with exceptional service to customers and is mindful of
the control of costs.? The technician may work independently or in
a team environment. ?Job Responsibilities:
- Perform Vehicle Maintenance: change oil, oil filter, fuel
filter, transmission flush, and inspection of vehicle for
- Performs some more complex repairs, advanced diagnostics,
engine and driveline diagnosis and parts replacement and some
- Based upon certification levels, perform various repairs and
maintenance which may include diagnosis and repair of: OBD II
systems, brake components, tires, tune-ups, suspension components,
electrical systems, State Safety Inspections, interior/exterior
components, engine and drive line components, etc.
- Perform a predefined inspection and light to moderate
mechanical repairs to a vehicle.
- Perform necessary minor to moderate repairs to vehicles such
- Mount and Balance tires
- Replace bulbs/fuse as needed to complete functionality of
- Replace drive belts
- Brake repairs on disc brake systems and conventional drum
- Coolant system repairs
- A/C leak test/ evacuate and recharge
- Maintain assigned work area and overall shop in clean and tidy
manner at all times.
- Perform all assigned work in a safe and conscientious manner at
all times as directed by management and Manheim?s safety
- Handle and dispose of all fluids as defined by MSDS and in
accordance with all Federal, State and local regulations.
- Create and maintain vehicle history and maintenance records as
defined/directed by management.
- Assures prompt repairs by interfacing and coordinating with
vendors and other Manheim associates for parts and repairs. May
perform roadside assistance as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by
- High School Diploma or equivalentpreferred.
- 3 - 5 years of vehicle service andrepair experience
- 1 year of customer serviceexperience preferred.
- Industry certifications such aselectrical and A/C desired.
- OE specific mechanicalcertifications desired.
- Front end, suspension and brakecertifications desired.
- Computer and Scan tool/drivabilitydiagnosis knowledge
- 2-4 ASE certifications preferred.
- Must continue training to maintaincurrentA.S.E. status and to
meet with technology and changesas they occur.
- Validdriver's License and good driving record required.
Work Environment:Frequent exposure tooutdoor weather conditions.?
Disclaimer:The posting is intended to describe the generalcontent
of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to
beconstrued as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities
About Cox AutomotiveCox Automotive Inc. makes buying, selling and
owning cars easier for everyone, while also enabling mobility
services. The global company?s 34,000-plus team members and family
of brands, including Autotrader?, Clutch Technologies, Dealer.com?,
Dealertrack?, Kelley Blue Book?, Manheim?, NextGear Capital?,
VinSolutions?, vAuto??and Xtime?,?are passionate about helping
millions of car shoppers, tens of thousands of auto dealer clients
across five continents and many others throughout the automotive
industry thrive for generations to come. Cox Automotive is a
subsidiary of Cox Enterprises Inc., a privately-owned,
Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding
$20?billion.?www.coxautoinc.comCox is an Equal Employment
Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will
receive consideration for employment without regard to that
individual?s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin
or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender,
gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status,
genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other
characteristic protected by law.Statement to ALL Third-Party
Agencies and Similar Organizations:? Cox accepts resumes only from
agencies with which we formally engage their services.?? Please do
not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox
employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is
not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited
Keywords: Cox Automotive, Hamilton , Automotive Mechanic Shop Technician - Level 2, Engineering , Hamilton, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!