Lead, Quality Engineering
Company: L3Harris Technologies
Posted on: September 14, 2023
Description: Job Title: Lead, Quality Engineering
Job Code: IMS20232707-104074
Job Location: Cincinnati, CA.
L3Harris Fuzing & Ordnance Systems (L3Harris FOS) is the largest
fuze manufacturer in the United States and is one of the most
advanced manufacturers of Fuzing and Ordnance products in the
L3Harris FOS specializes in the development and production of
fuzing and safe, arming devices as well as the manufacture and
integration of ordnance systems for air-dropped, tube-launched,
missile and rocket-driven devices, and infantry-employed ordnance
products for the U.S. military and our international allies.
The program quality engineer function is a program focused role
that is responsible for protecting the customer in regard to
product quality and ensuring contract requirements are met. This
includes ensuring/verifying the quality of product inputs and the
quality of product outputs.
FOS is responsible for a broad range of products from purely
mechanical to solely electronic devices. The requirements for this
role are flexible because placement will be based on the best fit
for current experience. Special consideration will be given for
those that possess knowledge of electronics assembly including
automated electronics assembly.
Applicants should be able to work independently and solve problems
on their own. Experience with similar industry can replace some of
the education requirements.
- Review the purchase order, contract, and specification to
determine quality requirements. Assure these requirements are met
throughout all stages of the project, from initial quotation
request through production and delivery. The quality engineer must
be able to read and interpret the contractual requirements and be
able to understand design and production enough to ensure those
requirements are executed through production, testing and
- Prepare Certifications of Conformance (C of C) for materials
and services delivered to Government / customer. Review shipping
documentation to ensure quality requirements compliance. Review
waivers and deviation as required.
- Coordinate with Government / customer to schedule source
inspection of materials and services as required. Main interface
with the customer for all items upon final acceptance.
- Responsible for managing all inspection points in the
manufacturing process and determining inspection for supplied
parts. Creates product first article package with all assemblies
and components. Works with the supplier quality engineer to review
supplier control plans, inspection plans, process approval
documents, first article inspections.
- Works with program team in reviewing overall manufacturing
process and technical data package. Able to assist in failure and
problem investigations and implement corrective action. Provide
feedback for process and design changes.
- Serve as primary customer quality interface which may include
having to conduct customer quality briefings to the customer and
- Analyze quality performance and collaborate with program team
to develop improvement plans for the identified problem
- Provide input and guidance as a peer reviewer of inspection
plans and other contract line items.
- Participate in the development of products and processes and
transition them from development thru to production.
- Assist in bid and proposal responses providing information
supporting projected customer needs and requirements.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating
in a manner that is cooperative and supportive of customers,
co-workers, and managers.
- Bachelor's Degree and minimum 9 years of prior relevant
experience OR Graduate Degree and a minimum of 7 years of prior
related experience. In lieu of a degree, minimum of 13 years of
prior related experience.
- Experience in mechanical manufacturing or electronics
industries with one of the two applicable
- 9 years' experience minimum in engineering drawings, geometric
dimensioning and tolerancing, mechanical and electro-mechanical
assemblies. Understanding of inspection and gaging OR
- 9 years' experience minimum in automated electronic assembly
and manufacturing methods with familiarity with J-STD-001
- 9 years' experience minimum in a quality or manufacturing role
leading root cause analysis and continuous improvement activities
in a manufacturing environment.
- Must be a US Citizen.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Proficient in MS Office
- Knowledge of Six Sigma and LEAN manufacturing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Desire to learn and master new material
- Strong drive and sense of ownership
- Ability to work collaboratively to improve processes
Keywords: L3Harris Technologies, Hamilton , Lead, Quality Engineering, Engineering , Monroe, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!