Manufacturing Welding Engineer - HAMILTON OHIO USA - July 2021
Company: thyssenkrupp Bilstein of America Inc
Posted on: May 9, 2022
Become part of the #GENERATIONTKIn the United States, BILSTEIN
of America employs approximately 750 extremely focused, driven and
passionate employees in four different locations: San Diego, CA,
Mooresville, NC, Troy, MI and our only North American production
and headquarters facility in Hamilton, OH. This 24/7 facility uses
the newest technology to assemble the majority of our
shock-absorber production for three separate yet integral
production groups - Original Equipment (OE), Aftermarket (AM) and
Special Purpose Vehicles (SPV). We work with our customers to
provide the right system for the desired ride - from passive
monotube shock absorbers to those that are adjustable, we have you
covered for the optimal driving experience.CompanySummary: The
Manufacturing Welding Engineer is a multi-functional position
focused on improving the safety, quality and efficiency of our
manufacturing processes via daily support of shop floor operations.
Responsibilities will include investigating and implementing
improvements to existing manufacturing processes, trouble shooting
of processing, supporting equipment qualification, training
manufacturing operators/staff on processing techniques, and
introducing new technologies. Focus will be on welding
Your responsibilitiesEssential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains a safe working environment by complying with all
safety and environmental policies in the workplace. Advocates for
and promotes a safe work environment by reporting Near Misses
and/or other safety and environmental hazards, wearing all required
PPE and encouraging others to do the same.
- Participates with investigations and implementations of
continuous improvement projects for manufacturing processes
concentrating in areas of equipment and processing.
- Interfaces with Quality, Logistics, Maintenance, Product
Engineering personnel to assure timely production support.
- Optimizes manufacturing processes including production flow,
machining/assembly methods, manning plan, tooling and production
equipment for better safety, quality and efficiency.
- Develops, maintains and continuously improves standardized
- Works with Manufacturing Process Planning (MPP) group to ensure
a successful handoff of newly deployed equipment and
- Manages Manufacturing Engineering techs in the assigned area of
- Provides training for manufacturing operators/Manufacturing
Engineering Technicians and other staff (as needed) on work
instructions, change overs, preventative maintenance etc.
- Consults with Product Engineering to determine optimum tooling
- Plans and implements workplace layouts to optimize process,
material flow and efficiency.
- Works with Maintenance team for preventative maintenance
planning and spare parts planning to ensure equipment
- Is the Subject Matter Expert for their functional area.
- Participate with cross functional teams to create and maintain
Process Flows and PFMEAs.
- Maintains and analyzes technical KPIs, performs root cause
analysis on production down events, and provides recommendations on
- Develop in-process error-prevention/detection methods for
- Performs all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.Your
profileQualifications & Experience:
- Extensive manufacturing engineering experience with strong
knowledge of automated GMAW processes. Additional process knowledge
of resistance, laser and capacitive discharge welding is
- Working knowledge of in-process GMAW error prevention/detection
methods such as Arc Data Monitoring (ADM) or seam tracking.
- Working knowledge of 2D & 3D CAD software.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (Outlook, Word,
- Solid understanding of Lean Principles (5S, Kaizen, Kanban,
- Experience with coordination and presentation of technical data
and information to key component suppliers & customers.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one &
small group situations to Customers, clients, & others.
- Proven ability to read and interpret customer specifications
and industry standards.
- Self-starter and able to work without day-to-day
- Some project management skills with proven ability to plan,
monitor, and control a project from start to finish ensuring
everyone meets their deadlines.
- Solid interpersonal and teamwork skills; yet, able to perceive
needs and work independently
- Ability to analyze and solve problems with data driven approach
and root cause analysis skill
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents,
- Highly organized with ability to work independently as well as
part of a team.
- Exhibits integrity through fair and ethical behaviors in all
activities; maintains accountability for performance.
- Strong attention to detail with well-developed organizational
and communication skills.
- Proven experience developing work processes to improve outcomes
for the team/customers.Education:
- Bachelor degree in Welding Engineering or another Engineering
discipline with AWS Certified Welding Engineer accreditation
Your benefitsBenefits SegmentBeyond the competitive benefits and
compensation packages, Bilstein of America proudly offers a rich
history, steeped in innovation and a lasting commitment to our
customers, employees and communities. We invite you to learn more
about our culture and company at www.bilsteinrocks.com.Benefits
offered on the first of the month after your employment date:
- 401(k) with 5% company match (after 90 days of employment)
- Company paid short-term disability (after 6 months
- Paid personal time off
- Annual Company bonus
Keywords: thyssenkrupp Bilstein of America Inc, Hamilton , Manufacturing Welding Engineer - HAMILTON OHIO USA - July 2021, Engineering , Hamilton, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!