Company: Nesco Resource
Posted on: April 27, 2021
JOB SUMMARY The Mechanical Engineer is responsible for creating
layout, design, assembly, and fabrication drawings for turnkey
automation systems, End-of-Arm Tooling (EOAT) and other custom
equipment per customer specifications. They are to design, review,
and modify drawings from project commencement through project
completion. They are also responsible for the management of the
mechanical portion of assembly for their project assignments.
PRINCIPAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Confirm system and design feasibility/capability by analyzing
customer requirements and project specifications.
- Create 2D/3D design, assembly, and fabrication drawings per
- Request a 2 nd set of Engineering eyes to review and follow the
engineering drawing review checklist in order to potentially find
design errors prior to ordering parts and the build phase of
- Create project bill of materials and coordinate parts ordering
with the Purchasing Department and third party vendors. Maintain
communications with Purchasing and vendors to ensure parts are
received within budget on schedule. Discuss build specifications
with vendors to clearly communicate what is required per the
drawings. Assist the Shipping/Receiving Department as needed when
parts are received.
- Communicate with the sales department when there is a requested
scope of work change. Identify and discuss potential project cost
increases for sales to negotiate with the customer.
- Prepare project manuals upon completion of the project,
including spare and wear parts lists.
- Manage the mechanical portion of assigned projects which
includes communication with the sales department, customers,
vendors, and other employees. Run reports checking varying status
of aspects of the project. Complete tasks within budget and on
schedule. Provide continuous improvement on cost reduction for
- Conduct Risk Assessments to ensure the systems are safe. Apply
principles of mechanics to conduct wrist inertia & momentum
studies, robot reach, and EOAT gripping force.
- Communicate project status with customers and in doing so there
may be 10%-15% travel and overnight stay requirements for customer
meetings, site visits, etc.
- Other duties as necessary to ensure organizational success and
customer satisfaction. EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS B.S. degree in
Mechanical Engineering QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- 3+ years of mechanical engineering experience. Automation
Industry experience is a plus.
- 2+ years of Project Management experience.
- Demonstrated experience utilizing the following software
- 3D CAD, Autodesk Inventor is a plus
- Microsoft Office
- Mechanical aptitude
- Knowledge of and experience working in a manufacturing
environment with technical knowledge of operations and
- Proven written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to multi-task and prioritize assignments. TYPICAL PHYSICAL
DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT While performing the duties of this job,
the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is
occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and
arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25
pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include
close vision, and the ability to adjust focus. Reasonable
accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions. This position requires work in
an office setting but does involve minimal travel to customer sites
resulting in approximately 10%-15% travel. Nesco Resource and
affiliates (Lehigh G.I.T Inc, and Callos Resource, LLC) is an equal
employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the
basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or
any other legally protected characteristics with respect to
Keywords: Nesco Resource, Hamilton , Mechanical Engineer, Engineering , Hamilton, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!